• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Need OEM TPS part no. - thanks

XpedientJ

NAXJA Forum User
Need the OEM part no. for the TPS on a '99 XJ.

Perhaps, someone who knows can advise year-to-year cross-compatibility, as well...

Anyone have a new one, to sell...??

Thanks.

I have found that for cross-referencing parts, many on-line parts places will tell you what else the part in question fits by looking at the 'what other vehicles this part fits' window.
Autozone, NAPA, Carquest, O'Rileys, Checkers (Same as O'Rileys) all have decent websites that allow you to look up PN by Make/Model/Year/Submodel. You should be able to get some info via a google or 2.

Having someone here sell you a TPS, and ship it to you will likely cost more than going down to the local parts dealer and buying a new one with a warranty.

-Ron

Thanks, Ron....

A local distributor of aftermarket parts, advised me that the TPS is one of the few components that he definitely recommends be replaced only with the OEM part, given the history of issues with aftermarket parts, including that he carries....

Imagine.....that a local Chry-Jeep dealer has, by owner's dictate, a policy of not providing part numbers.....:)

At some point, all XJ parts will be aftermarket or nothing at all. Sounds like your local supplier was unsure about the quality of his parts ;)

I haven't had an issue with NAPA parts.

Also, I found this website for future reference for folks...

http://www.oemautopartz.com/

-Ron

4874371AC :)

Yupper, that's the number; I'm looking at the box from my replacement TPS for my 99 Jeep XJ.

As long as they are still available, OEM Mopar engine management sensors are absolutely worth the small premium in price. In both reliability and longevity.

Back