• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Karnage offroad BPE

rav

NAXJA Forum User
I've always just used a punch or air hammer to remove the old nuts, then just dropped in new bolts with no issues. Awful lot cheaper.

While I'm personally not super impressed with those BPE, I suppose they would work. Remember if you have Bilsteins the bar pins are molded into the rubber ends, you will have to replace the entire bushing if you go with BPE's.

Thanks I like the idea of punching out the broken bolts (I don't have an air hammer). How easy is it to punch it out?

Do you have a rear swaybar? The parts that attach to the rear axle can be used for rear bar pin eliminators.

I know it doesn't help with your broken bolt issue... but making my own BPE's out of some scraps I had saved me some $$...

IMG_1565.jpg

I'll sell you a pair of BPE's

JKS

Thanks I like the idea of punching out the broken bolts (I don't have an air hammer). How easy is it to punch it out?

Might be a PITA to do it manually, but I borrowed an air hammer to deal with mine and it was super easy. I found out afterward that air hammers are actually pretty cheap. (For some reason I just assumed they were prohibitively expensive) So, if you've got a compressor, it might be worth looking into.

Might be a PITA to do it manually, but I borrowed an air hammer to deal with mine and it was super easy. I found out afterward that air hammers are actually pretty cheap. (For some reason I just assumed they were prohibitively expensive) So, if you've got a compressor, it might be worth looking into.

I bought one of these yesterday to bust out my broken rear bumpstop nut, it seemed to work ok but took me almost 20 min to knock one out(still need to punch 3 more). I will give these a shot again for the shock bolts.

http://www.harborfreight.com/3-piece-pry-bar-set-68339.html

Not terribly hard, just work one side than the other. Less work that way. Hearing protection is your friend. On some of the bolts I actually had better luck with a straight punch and a 5# sledge.

Back