• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

For the wheel experts out there, size question

Tobtech

NAXJA Forum User
I have a Jeep (XJ) with 15" KMC Enduros and 31x10.5x15. The Jeep has a 3.5" lift and when my tires are shot I plan to upgrade to a 4.5" lift and 33" tires. I am pretty sure my KMC wheels are 15x7. The recommended wheel width for a 33x12.5x15 is 8" or 10". I found a set of Eagle 187s on CL very cheap, they are 15x8, -30mm offset with 3.25" BS. Would these wheels work good for 33x12.5 or should I wait and look for a 10" wheel?

Thanks

Thanks, how about that 3.25" backspacing? How will that work on an XJ with 12.5" tires?

I just noticed that backspacing on a stock wheel is 5.25". Will the 3.25 bring the wheels out too far? What are others using with a 33x12.5?

Thanks,

3.25" is a little farther out than I like but not by much. I look for something in the 3.75" BS range, but the extra 1/2" of your rims isn't a deal breaker.

Have you thought about 33x10.5 Generals or BFGs ? Those Enduros are nice.

Agreed - not a deal breaker. However, IF there was time to shop, something in the 3.75-4" would be preferable unless there is something specific you need to clear. The further out the backspace, the more leverage there is on your bearings and ball joints. We are still only talking a half inch, so it is anyone's guess if this would cause a failure any sooner than a different wheel would.

The are a ways out there. If your state has safety laws about coverage (we do in Utah), you may need to make fender arrangements to keep it covered.

Back