• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

how far can I make it with a cracked or loose flexplate?

rmx250cfl

NAXJA Forum User
2001 cherokee 4.0, I narrowed down the ticking to the flexplate. tightened down the torque converter bolts, just to make sure. They weren't loose. watched the flexplate while running with the inspection shield off and there is a bit of runout on the flexplate. Pretty sure the flexplate is loose or cracked, however I don't have the setup to pull the tranny right now. I'm stationed at ft bragg in north carolina and am driving to connecticut for thanksgiving... where I have access to a lift and full garage. How are my chances looking? Its about 650 miles and this thing has been ticking for months. I kind of just had it in the back of my mind it was a sticky lifter, has great oil pressure and wasn't too worried.

Ticking time bomb... but hopefully it'll do what they usually do and just make a racket, but keep spinning.

You have access to a lift and a full garage right where you are. Doesn't the army have an auto hobby shop? You should have gone over there today and knocked it out. It's going to suck when you're stuck on the side of the interstate.

I finally found the shop on post over there by cif. I'm 82nd so I don't go over to that side of post.. ever, except for when I'm turning in my cif while clearing haha. Doesn't make getting a flex plate on a sunday any easier. Auto zone, napa, and dealership all had to order it, none of the warehouses had one. Family is warehouse direct in ct so I know the flex plate and trans mount will be there when I need it. Also I heard some stories about having to get classes by the civilians at the hobby shop on just about every tool you sign out.

Back