• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

P1698 code with a AX15

lasemase72

NAXJA Forum User
This code should be related to a TCM. I have an AX15. As far as I know I shouldn't have a TCM. Is this correct? I only ask because I cannot find one under the dash.

I have searched high an low to solve my issue. Everything I have found relates to XJs with an auto trans. Might this be an issue with my ECM? Or possibly something totally unrelated?

My CEL is on but everything seems to drive just fine. At least, nothing is very obvious. No strange sounds, no loss of power etc.

I just registered the XJ and I have 7 days to get it inspected. I am at a loss here.

I could only find it for 1996 m.y. P1698 (short code 63) is a pcm code, "PCM Failure; EEPROM WRITE DENIED"

If it comes back after a code clear, the PCM needs replacement

I had the same code along with the iac code. I redid all of the grounds using 2ga wire, still had the p1698 code.. replaced the iac and completely cleaned the piss out of my throttle body. And knock on wood, I'm code free as of last night.. and then my alternator shot crap

Back