• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Survey Says ??

dktool

NAXJA Forum User
So, I finally installed my E- Locker in my D30 and after finishing realized I forgot the brake rotor dust shields.

I see it as a non issue, possibly better to not have them on.

What do you all say ??

Also, it sure would be nice if Eaton would pull their heads out and make a E-Locker for the C8.25

I personally don't run them due to having too many rocks get stuck in them and chew up rotors. I've never had any issues without them

Mine basically fell off from the rust when I did my hubs, left 'em off. When it's really rainy I notice a some slip where there was none (Presumably built up water getting cleaned off by the pads). That said, my rotors and pads suck, but I wouldn't put them back on for the reasons mentioned. Rocks get stuck and more shit to rust.

took mine off. ran them like that for years.
It does change the u joint centerline in relation to the balljoints a tiny bit, but never had any problems.

I guess if that really bothered you, you could cut them down, and put the flange back on

Thanks for the replies, I was confident it was a non issue just needed to hear it from the crowd.
It's very rare that I space and leave a part off, I put them on a barrel and painted them and that where they stayed for days.
I finish the locker install and as I turned to pull the floor jack back to the garage, there they are staring at me from the barrel .............. DOH !

At least I now where there is a pair of non rusted, freshly painted dust shields, IN MY SHED.

Back