• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

SummitRacing has Jeep stroker engines $2895

CobraMarty

NAXJA Forum User
That's not a bad price. Blueprint engines are done in the USA and have good reputation with the hot rod guys.

Not a bad price....but it has a flat tappet cam. I got tired of setting lifters 20 years ago. It is a bit low on the compression for me. I run 10.4:1. and live at 5k elevation.

Last edited:
IDK, it also says, 'flat tappet hydraulic lifter camshaft'.

Worth a call to see if they are indeed hydraulic lifters.

40 HP over stock and around 100 ft lbs over stock torque.

Too bad summit doesn't have em for Renix, those blueprint engines are only the 92+ block types…
also has timing cover, water pump, valve cover, and oil pan. ATK doesn't come with any of that stuff.

Actually Jon, if you get an ATK through Carquest, and maybe other palces, for a small amount more money you get complete long block from pan to VC.

And you can also run the later block/head. Just use your renix manifolds.

Last edited:
I was under the impression the renix manifolds don't bolt up to a newer head? I mean they bolt up, but the ports don't line up correctly 100% ?

It is my understanding that the intake may be slightly different, but to use the renix gaskets. OTher than EGR, exhaust should be same/very close. You could always run a later model intake and modify for EGR and the TB.

if/when, I am going to be lazy, and get a ATK,(depends on funding at the time whether it will be a stroker or just a rebuild) but that could be 1-2 years away at the soonest. This motor is going strong for now.

I thought flat tappet / hydraulic lifter was the factory setup, which doesn't require adjustment. Did I miss something?
I'd still like to see a full roller valvetrain on one of these engines. Haven't heard enough about the 505 setup to be sold on it.

3K for a stroker is rad, but why doesn't summit have any details on the motor in their listing?

I thought flat tappet / hydraulic lifter was the factory setup, which doesn't require adjustment. Did I miss something?
I'd still like to see a full roller valvetrain on one of these engines. Haven't heard enough about the 505 setup to be sold on it.

3K for a stroker is rad, but why doesn't summit have any details on the motor in their listing?

I made the same mistake. Click on the second link in the OP's first post.

It seems that they use a Renix 4.0 engine in the picture to advertise their product. Even though the use the first generation HO block, do they actually use the HO head or the Renix low port head?

Last edited:
Back