• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Evans/Elbe "Double Header" Run: Dec 14-15

TORX

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Member
This quite possibly might be one of the best ideas we've come up with here in the NWC. While on the trail at Elbe a few of us were talking about running Evans Creek and Elbe Hills in the same weekend. From there the idea of the "Double Header Run" was born.

Who: Open invite to all. No whiners. No junk.
What: Wheel, camp, wheel.
When: December 13-15
Where: Evans Creek (outside Carbonado, WA), Elbe Hills (outside Elbe, WA)
Why: Because this will be classic Northwest wheeling at it's finest, and it's the last weekend to run Evans Creek before the seasonal closure.

Rough Game Plan: Head up to the first area (I'm thinking Evans) Friday to camp. We wheel all day Saturday and cover most of the trails. Either stay another night, or break camp and travel to the next area. Expect maybe an hour and a half drive between the two. Wheel the second area all day Sunday, and then head for home. Wham, double header!

Requirements: This isn't going to be a run for the inexperienced. I would recommend 33's, a locker, and preferably a winch. I would be shocked if there wasn't snow at Evans Creek during this time. Body damage is probable.

I posted this early to give you guys plenty of time to plan. I'd like to see a solid group for this. So who's in? :firedevil

IMG_0020.jpg

IMG_0061.jpg

You're always coming up with good ideas aren't you? :p well sad to say this sounds like an AWESOME trip; but I'll be stuck at work. Next year though, there definitely needs to be a second annual double header weekend! I'll be in for sure

I believe evans closes on dec 1st or 15th?

This quite possibly might be one of the best ideas we've come up with here in the NWC. While on the trail at Elbe a few of us were talking about running Evans Creek and Elbe Hills in the same weekend. From there the idea of the "Double Header Run" was born.

Who: Open invite to all. No whiners. No junk.
What: Wheel, camp, wheel.
When: December 13-15
Where: Evans Creek (outside Carbonado, WA), Elbe Hills (outside Elbe, WA)
I feel betrayed.. Like I've been setup by Torx.. I help come up with the idea of this run, and then he puts rules up that disqualify me:twak:

:D (bump!! Looking forward to this one!)

Bump. ;)

I'm still willing to give this a shot if we have at least a couple others interested. I think my Jeep has one more run left in it for the year.

Option_B: If two nights, and two areas is too big of a commitment, then I'd also be up for just a day run or one nighter to Evans Creek on Saturday. Evans closes for the season, and it'd be nice to get one more run in. It's a blast in these conditions.

I don't know that I am man-enough to camp in freezing temps but I am 99% in for an Evans Creek run. I haven't been there yet and would love get another run in this year.

Double Header: Officially Postponed

I'm making the decision to post pone this run until next year. It's a busy time of year for a lot of us, which is understandable. We'll just let Evans/Elbe mature a bit over the winter. ;)

Evans Creek officially opens, 1 April 2014. A spring time double header sounds like fun!

I had to cancel all fun until after christmas

Wife/work are the two biggest buzz killers

Double Header: Officially Postponed

I'm making the decision to post pone this run until next year. It's a busy time of year for a lot of us, which is understandable. We'll just let Evans/Elbe mature a bit over the winter. ;)

Evans Creek officially opens, 1 April 2014. A spring time double header sounds like fun!

Great idea! This gives me more time to fix my junk

Back