• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

1 year review of my 2000 XJ!

dachacho

NAXJA Forum User
Hey guys, haven't posted in while but i thought i would share my experience with my 2000 XJ as im coming up on a year of owning it. Bottom line, it has been everything and more i could ask for i'm infatuated with it, it truly is my baby. And dont get me wrong ive had 2 other great xj's (a 97 and 98, those 4.0's were meeeaaann though:D) ALSO dont get me wrong its still an xj and i have put plenty of time and money into it maintenance wise as im young auto tech and i need my vehicle to be perfect and have no problem busting my knuckles while im still passionate about mechanics lol. In the last year i have done radiator hoses, spark plugs, both differentials drained and re-sealed, drain and fill t-case and trans 4 or 5 times, water pump and t-stat, valve cover gasket, front axle u-joints, drain and fill coolant, oil changes every 2500-3000 with mopar filters and chevron delo 5w-40 synthetic and only use chevron or shell 92 octane. Overall i'm really glad ive gotten most of the preventative and needed maintenance out of the way and i can FINALLY put a 3.5" lift and 31's on! For those who care, I'm doing 3.5" RE coils, s10 bastard packs, and oem JK Rubicon shocks with JKS bar pin elims and bfg km2's. Its not a wheeler at all so i dont need anything crazier than that, i use it for DD LOTS of snow highway driving for winter snowboarding and plenty of summer camping trips. As it sits now i couldnt be happier, I have put almost 20k miles on it this year and it hasn't even come close to letting me down. Also I learned today glancing at my exhaust while changing my oil that its a 49 state 1 cat model! Anyways thanks for listening to my rant, i'm just really happy with this thing and wanted to share with everyone :yap:

Back