• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Source for RENIX Fuel Pressure Regulator

MoFo

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Memorial Lifetime Member
1987 XJ 4.0 AW4
My mileage just dropped to 10 MPG and I traced the problem to a failed FPR. I checked my usual online OEM parts sources and found the regulator priced at $160. I called the local dealer and they said they could get it for $95.20, but the supply was very limited and that there were none in the Northeast. I found aftermarket Standard and Airtex FPRs for between $35 and $55. Based on my experience and their reputation, I ruled out the Airtex options.

Based on your experience, can anyone recommend an aftermarket brand and source for the RENIX FPR?

TIA

I've used Standard parts before with no issues, but not the fuel pressure regulator. I've had better luck with Standard than I have with Crown (Quadratec). I actually prefer their O2 sensors, reasonably priced and they work.

EcoMike has a lot of experience with fuel pressure regulators.

I've used Standard parts before with no issues, but not the fuel pressure regulator. I've had better luck with Standard than I have with Crown (Quadratec). I actually prefer their O2 sensors, reasonably priced and they work.

Crown uses some SMP & Federal Mogul & other name brands for theirs...as well as Timken bearings, Spicer parts, and other rebadged/private label items.

Isn't one of the things cool kids are doing swapping to the OBD-I pressure regulator and rail? I see this mentioned a lot in injector writeups, perhaps it is a cheaper option?

Crown uses some SMP & Federal Mogul & other name brands for theirs...as well as Timken bearings, Spicer parts, and other rebadged/private label items.

I was thinking more of their electrical parts, not my first choice. Kind of a pig in a poke, you never really know who their supplier is. I use their stuff, some I've been far from pleased with, other stuff worked out just fine.

Found what I was thinking of, finally, but it turns out it's not for a stock injector application:

injector-1.jpg

It's to upgrade to 49 PSI for running different injectors.

swapping an HO fuel rail onto a renix is not an "easy job". the attachment points to the intake are in completely the wrong spots, and at the wrong angle. even if you address that by modifying or swapping the mounting tabs between rails, the fuel lines are totally different up to the motor.
it could be done, but it'd be kind of a pita for no real benefit.
i've bought two different renix fpr's in the "standard brand", have never had an issue with either one.
last one i needed, i was in the junkyard anyway and found a nice one that had clearly been recently replaced. cost me $5. that one's been fine for a few months now.

I've got it on my list for the yard, as soon as they get some RENIX vehicles in. Then I will go see how bad the rust is on the donor(s).

Back