• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

NWC Nominations

Bronzewyrm

NAXJA Forum User
Here are the rules for the upcoming voting:

1. Official nominations start 1 Nov and voting starts 15 Nov and runs through 30 Nov.

2. Term is for 1 year.

3. You MUST be a :NAXJA: member in good standing to run for office.

4. You MUST be a :NAXJA: Member to nominate someone.

5. You MUST be a :NAXJA: Member to vote.

Please consult with those members you would like to nominate for office to make sure they want to run. If your looking to run, ask someone to nominate you, maybe they will.

A nomination will need to be made, then seconded and then accecpted by the the nominated person.

Three positions need to be filled in the NWC: President, Vice President, and Treasurer. Multiple nominations for each postition are highly encouraged.

No frivilous posting in this thread please. Keep it strickly to nominations, seconds, and acceptances. All non-topic posts will be deleted. Please begin a new thread if you have any questions for any of the candidates. It would be good to start "about me" threads for this purpose.

This process is important as those elected will lead the chapter for the next year. Please take this seriously.

If no one runs there will be no more NWC.

If anyone has any questions, feel free to PM One of the Current BODs

Bronze.

I regret to inform you all, At this time I am uneligible to to run for any position of BOD due to a Lapse in membership in the last year.

Thanks for the nomination! Maybe next year!
If the NWC stuck to National Bylaws regarding nominations this would be correct. However, the NWC has made a few changes over the years for various reasons. For those that aren't aware the NWC adopted National's bylaws when it was originally formed. Under the Ryan/Eli years (08'?) the term length was changed from two years to one year. I personally think it should be two for more consistency, but that's another discussion.

Then under the TORX/Mojo dynasty we changed the "member for at least one year" rule to just "current NWC member." This was done because we had interest for BOD positions from several long time "non members" when the current members weren't stepping up.

I personally had my membership lapse at the beginning of the year too for what's it worth. However, I have been involved with this club since 2004.

If the NWC stuck to National Bylaws regarding nominations this would be correct. However, the NWC has made a few changes over the years for various reasons. For those that aren't aware the NWC adopted National's bylaws when it was originally formed. Under the Ryan/Eli years (08'?) the term length was changed from two years to one year. I personally think it should be two for more consistency, but that's another discussion..

I Agree

Then under the TORX/Mojo dynasty we changed the "member for at least one year" rule to just "current NWC member." This was done because we had interest for BOD positions from several long time "non members" when the current members weren't stepping up..

I can see how this would cause a problem. if there is a NWC, there HAS to be BOD's

I personally had my membership lapse at the beginning of the year too for what's it worth. However, I have been involved with this club since 2004.

I see what your saying, but your membership lapse was not a requested.

Bronze.

Gonna throw another one in: I nominate Bronzewyrm, John, for Vice President

I second the nomination for John Paramater aka Bronzewyrm for NWC Vice President.

Back