• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

4l80E in an XJ

sakers288

NAXJA Forum User
I don't know if this was the proper area to be posting this question, and if not, i apologize. But i've been working up to swapping a Chevy LQ4 into my xj and i was gonna go with the 4l60e but i really want dependability and the 4l60e's got me a little worried if i put some heads and a cam on the LQ4 it won't be able to handle it so well. So my question is if anyone has put the 4L80E in their xj and if they had any problems...mostly like getting it to fit because i know its quite a bit larger and heavier than the 60.

I think fitment is gonna be your only issue... Thems a BIG trans. Prob gonna have to cut a lot out of the trans tunnel... I don't think the tried and true hammer til it fits method will work.

I've never heard of problems with the 60s in an XJ. Unless you just want big and plan to beligerantly beat on the truck I see no reason to stuff the bigger 80 in there.

Back