• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

can i install a lund visor using nuts and bolts?

dxjxrose

NAXJA Forum User
i used rivnuts initially but the are now loose. can i use nuts and bolt on the top 4 mounting points at least. the rivnuts in the a pillars are fine as are the ones in the front near the wind shield. just dont wanna remove the headliner if ther is no way to do it.

The factory roof rack is held on by well nuts which seem to work fine. Same idea as rivnuts but are made of rubber and keep water out. Nuts and bolts would also work. Make sure you seal it with something.

Hey I like the visor im 33 not some high school kid just thought you guys could save me the trouble of rippin out the headliner and finding out I cant get to the bolt holes...

you cannot get to them around the top corners, no. the inner bracing of the unibody will make it next to impossible

you cannot get to them around the top corners, no. the inner bracing of the unibody will make it next to impossible

Mostly true. It could be possible, but not advisable to drill through the support structure in order to be able to get a socket on the fastener form inside of the cab. The head liner would have to be removed in order to gain the access needed. It also means is is a two person job.

And as much as some find visors to be a fashion statement only, they do serve a purpose and Lund still makes them so they must still be selling.

Hey I like the visor im 33 not some high school kid just thought you guys could save me the trouble of rippin out the headliner and finding out I cant get to the bolt holes...

not to be an Ahole, but if a removing the front section of the headliner (you can probably just do half of it and let it droop to get your hands in there) is a task your to impatient to tackle... then a jeep might not be for you. its seriously 30 minutes and 2 beers worth of work.

but rivnuts are also a viable solution. just be sure to seal it up good and not to poke your head liner when drilling. might want to familiarize yourself with how the wires run too.

a jeep is for me and im not lazy if thats what you are implying. but it is a waste of time esp. when you have a newborn that you wanna be home spending time with.

Back