• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Might be working in Redmond for a while

old_man

NAXJA Forum User
I am a contract engineer and due to the lack of work in Colorado, I have been working in Minnesota for the last 9 months. Now it looks like I might have an opportunity to work in Redmond for a while.

What is the area like? What can I get a one bedroom apt for? Or would someone be willing to rent out a room, or more ideally a garage with a small room attached.

If I come out that way, I most likely will bring my XJ. What kind of wheeling do you have close?

Not that I've ever been to any of these places but heard a lot.

Peters creek. It's a private owned rock crawl from mild to wild. They charge a small fee, but from what I have seen online it would be well worth it.
Millican ohv
The Ground Hog pit. Not sure but I think it maybe the same place as Peters Creek?
Christmas valley. They are sand dunes
Miles and miles and miles of high dessert.

I am a contract engineer and due to the lack of work in Colorado, I have been working in Minnesota for the last 9 months. Now it looks like I might have an opportunity to work in Redmond for a while.

What is the area like? What can I get a one bedroom apt for? Or would someone be willing to rent out a room, or more ideally a garage with a small room attached.

If I come out that way, I most likely will bring my XJ. What kind of wheeling do you have close?
Not too many, if any, NWC'rs in the Bend / Redmond area unfortunately.

If you did make the move out here I'd recommend checking out the Deschutes County 4-Wheelers. They're a good group who's pretty active in the area.

www.deschutescounty4wheelers.com

As for the area, it's probably pretty similar to Colorado. It doesn't see the asinine amount of rain we get here, but it does get colder in the winter.

C'mon out. I'll come down and wheel with you.

I used to live just outside of Redmond Wa.... went to school up there too.
Nice area.

Back