• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

where can I get shackle bushings?

N8N_99xj

NAXJA Forum User
none of my local parts stores sell them... they only sell whole shackles

I was going to try to save money by getting a used pair of stock shackles and pressing new bushings into them, but I can't seem to get the bushings... any ideas? Even Rock Auto doesn't have them.

Are the Omix-Ada shackles any good? They're cheap enough to be an option but the low price scares me a little. Or are there any low-lift aftermarket shackles that are quality but will let me flex a little better? I wouldn't mind putting a small coil spacer in the front for a tiny lift.

Reason I ask is I'm trying to get everything together to replace my rear springs and hopefully make it a one day job when I actually decide to do it. Vehicle was previously used in Pennsyltucky in all seasons and surprisingly is not rusty but I suspect that the hardware will fight me and I will need to torch the old bolts out.

Back