• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Custom Cargo Box

airman401

NAXJA Forum User
I recently made this to try and gain some usable space. What do you guys think?

u3y3ebys.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
That looks good... details, please...
What is it made out of? How are the peices secured to make the whole box? How is it secured to the vehicle?...

It is made out of 16 Guage sheet metal and completely welded together. I used some weather stripping from the junkyard for the top and painted it black.
va4y2a5e.jpg

4ynuraqy.jpg

Some pictures before it was painted

There was a plastic one that was very similar, and had a lid. JC Whitney had them once upon a time. I'm thinking they were in the range of $50, but I don't really remember. I used one for many years. FWIW.

Re: Re: Custom Cargo Box

There was a plastic one that was very similar, and had a lid. JC Whitney had them once upon a time. I'm thinking they were in the range of $50, but I don't really remember. I used one for many years. FWIW.

This a sturdy 16 Guage sheet metal. With a full bead weld on every corner. I was thinking of making a top and could do that with netting, steel or plexiglass. I was also thinking about painting or cutting a jeep logo on the side.

Back