• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

All metal radiator for 96 2.5L?

hot_rod_hooligans

NAXJA Forum User
Got a customer that had crap luck with the aluminum/plastic radiators, I'm trying to find him a all metal replacement for a decent price. It's not the standard short wide type that the 4.0L uses, the only thing I keep finding in google searches are the 4.0 radiators. Any leads?

I'm running an all metal one from CSF on my '01 TJ (2.5L)....got it from Radiator Barn (now defunct :() after going thru the OEM and 2 replacement plastic-tank radiators. Not sure if it's the same configuration (???). Cost about $175, at the time.

Jeff

Any chance you have a part number?

Edit: never mind, called 1800radiator and they don't show anything, looks like it's either swap over to the wide style or he's stuck with what he's got.

Last edited:
I have a '96 2.5. & an '89 4.0.
You might want to look at other cars for a replacemrnt.
Changing from an upright 4 cyl. to wide 6 cyl. might be a bigger job than expected.
Opening's a different size, fans are different places, etc.

I show this radiator to only be up to 97, after that they show to use the wide type. Could try and copy the late model set up?

Back