• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Upper control arm mount bushings

Cottontail

Three-De Off-Road
NAXJA Member
I need to replace the upper control arm mount bushings - the ones that are on the axle, not the ones in the control arm itself.

I can't seem to find anything on line that specifies that they are for the mounts. I see a lot of product indicating Upper Control Mount Bushing, but not sure which product is which!

Can someone point me in the right direction with a source to get the two bushings?

Thanks!

I need to replace the upper control arm mount bushings - the ones that are on the axle, not the ones in the control arm itself.

I can't seem to find anything on line that specifies that they are for the mounts. I see a lot of product indicating Upper Control Mount Bushing, but not sure which product is which!

Can someone point me in the right direction with a source to get the two bushings?

Thanks!

If finding the bushing Is stumping you... Wait until you have to install it :)

FB854 is the part number from autozone

your going to want to freeze the bushing at least overnight and Grease it, it's a pressed in bushing but I hit mine in with a dead blow hammer. I can't remember but I used either a schedule 40 or schedule 80 2" pipe to help put even pressure to the bushing. Just weld a cap on the end to make life easy

Went in great. I froze it only about 4 hours, then greased it up real good, used a 3 pound sledge to seat it, then used a long bar with a socket on the end and pounded the bar with a larger sledge, allowing the socket to dissipate the energy evenly.

Looks great. Now I just need UPS to show up with the rest of my parts (and decide if I want to swap the passenger side bush at the same time - probably should).

I did, both mine rotted out at the same time. I heard a weird tapping on the trail and thought to myself " I'll know what that noise I'd once it breaks" ... Well it never brokes but waiting on someone who was stuck I noticed I only had 1/2 of a driver side bushing so after the weekend was over I replaced em both, they were cheap enough to not do them both

Back