• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Should I replace these engine mounts ?

Jeepcolorado

NAXJA Forum User
Engine is back from the machine shop :)
$1800 later...

2001 4.0L had blown head at 142,000 miles

Complete rebuild :

added CIFIC remanufactured head
Cyl. bored .020
new rebuild kit with cam, oil pump, ect.

Going back together tomorrow.

Should I replace the engine mounts ? They have a small amount of cracking in the rubber, and have a gap between the metal and rubber.

Also the kit did NOT come with new push rods or head bolts, any thoughts?

Just wondering where the line is between replace EVERYTHING, and reuse what can logically run another 100k miles.

1380112_655500141147436_219817474_n.jpg

Change them meow. Much easier when everything is out. Brown dog mm ftw!

Does anybody have experience with the energy suspension poly inserts for the stock clamshells? They look like a viable alternative at $40 a pair on amazon. May be a pita to get the stock rubber out of the mounts, but should fix the jello like mushy performance is the stockers.

Does anybody have experience with the energy suspension poly inserts for the stock clamshells? They look like a viable alternative at $40 a pair on amazon. May be a pita to get the stock rubber out of the mounts, but should fix the jello like mushy performance is the stockers.

Not a viable alternative, but a vibratable alternative. I took them out.

If I spent almost 2000 dollars to rebuild an engine, I would definitely spend another measly 85 dollars to support it in the bay.........but then again I like my radiator lol.

I know the head bolts are technically two use, but a full rebuild for $1800 and no $40 head bolts?

Last edited:
Back