• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Front Upper Driverside Bushing Problem

PahlMc

NAXJA Forum User
The bushing on the axle above the pumpkin is toast. It seems like when I put the upper arm on the bolt didn't want to go in right.

I have a drop arm RE 5.5" lift. At ride height nothing is binding other than the bolt. Any known issues I should look at? All other bushings or heims have standard wear but are basically fine.

I kept having troubles with that bushing on mine, same setup, drop bracket RE 5.5 kit. (which comes out tomorrow). I started researching joints to put in there, and went with an artec truss with johnny joints.

You can buy new bushings for cheap from napa. I use a sawzall to get all of the rubber out. And then I use an air hammer to get the metal piece out. You could use a hammer and punch to get the metal out if you don't have an air hammer.

if the bushing is bad, replace it. I did the JJ conversion because I hate bushings, but that's just me.

when you adjust the uppers, you need to set the pinion angle with ONE upper, the springs out, and the other upper totally free. make sure both the axle and rig are level and the axle is true to the rig. once the pinion angle is set, float the other upper into place and adjust it until you can put the bolt in by hand and there is no bind.

Back