• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Ruffstuff offset tre question

Spokes

NAXJA Forum User
Anyone running RS offset Tie rod Es23434 on 15" wheels? I have wj knuckles and wanna run them but I think with a 15" wheel they will be close. I have 3.75" BS. Pics or info would be great. Thanks :yelclap:

Depends on if you're running steel or aluminum rims. My aluminum rims rubbed a ton with that back spacing. I ground a lot off just to be able to turn. Didn't feel safe but was probably fine. Went with wheel spacers and another set of the offset tie rid ends just for peace of mind. There is a lot of material on the tie rod ends though. Fwiw you might be able to run normal one ton tie rod ends. I did for a couple days and I barely would touch my ruff stuff cover at full lock. Granted I do have a slight bend in my tie rod.

I'm running regular TRE's and have a bend and double adjuster on my Tie Rod. I am running Ultra Wheels 164 alloys and have plenty of room turning. caliper and TRE clearance are tight though, enough that I had to use external clip on weights as there was no room for the stick on internal weights. Standard steel wheels have plenty of room though.

I'm running regular TRE's and have a bend and double adjuster on my Tie Rod. I am running Ultra Wheels 164 alloys and have plenty of room turning. caliper and TRE clearance are tight though, enough that I had to use external clip on weights as there was no room for the stick on internal weights. Standard steel wheels have plenty of room though.

According to your sig, you do have 1 ton and OTK. With the regular TRE's, what back space do you have? My TRE's have seen better days having done more than 270,000 miles. I run OEM aluminum mesh wire wheels and 1.5" spacers. I plan to run a custom built OTK with one ton TRE. I am a little cautious because of the available space. Since yours are OK, I am sure mine will also be OK.

they are 15x7 3.75" BS with 35/12.5r15 on them ... my tie rod is bent at both ends with the Synergy double adjuster at the drivers end.

Steering and TracBar

the pics are with the 17" Jk wheels still ... I'll snap some clearance opics of the new wheels when I get home after Wednesday. I've driven it with the new wheels on for two days, on the highway to 110km/h without issues and there is not rubbing or grinding happenning or needed so far. It's tight around my Teeves WJ calipers ... more than the TRE's

Back