• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

1999 injection release tool?

Truckedup

NAXJA Forum User
I'm going to remove the fuel rail on a99 4.0 to swap out the injectors.I'm supposed to use a tool to remove the fuel line from the rail? Is it like a pliers to squeeze the line and connector so the retainer clip is easy to remove-install?

Ok,I see what the tool looks like.thanks.I was able to unbolt the rail,and pull it out.Not easy,had to use a foot long bar and kept prying ,WD40 seemed to loosen the O ring grip somewhat. Then rotated the rail into a vertical position.
The business end of these 150,000 mile injectors looks like new,yes,single orifice injectors.

In the past, I have removed the injectors with the rail still attached. Then installed the new injectors into the rail and put the assembly into the manifold. Be a bit generous lubricating the o-rings to ease installation.

If, by chance, the o-rings do get damaged during installation, they can be had at NAPA.

If, by chance, the o-rings do get damaged during installation, they can be had at NAPA.

take a sample of the one you need with you, the listing in our computer system at NAPA is wrong. the one that says fuel injector o-ring is only the one where the injector connects to the fuel rail. you have to get the fuel injector seal kit that comes with the top and bottom ones together.

just FYI for anyone that reads this thread in the future.

No problems at all,spent a little time cleaning the injector sockets on the rail and head. Smear some Vasoline on the sockets and o rings, easy to push in with the injectors installed on the rail.
I posted the road test results in the injector upgrade thread.

Back