• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Where do I start with steering and suspension?

JeepNovice

NAXJA Forum User
This is the suspension and steering of my 99 sport xj 4.0. My steering is pretty sloppy. While driving the other day the wheel would go towards the right and if going over 45 MPH it starts to wobble. My steering wheel is not lined up properly, when i go straight steering wheel looks like its going left.

I just pb blasted all these, but i fear that with all the rust some of the attachments might just fall apart, while i am removing things. Should i replace components or just install new ball joints in some of them.

13+-+2

13+-+1

Which dona is this?

13+-+3

13+-+4

13+-+5

My 92 XJ track bar was my best improvement. The ball joints and ties rods i did were good, but i really noticed tightness and accuracy with a new track bar. Rockauto for a Moog brand, around $70-80.
Also, on my 92 at least, i know I need a new intermediate shaft, since there is visual play in the joint, just below the master cylinder. Not sure if your 99 has the same shaft.

Back