• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

line I.D

yhateanxj?

NAXJA Forum User
So in my 93 manual, 4.0 cherokees engine bay, I recently noticed a hose hanging, and disconnected. It is a black 1/2" hose and it has what appears to be a broken plastic connection fitting. It runs from drivers side, to passenger side along back of motor, and is disconnected/broken on passenger side. . It is connected to a metal line along lower, back of engine. Just curious if any of yous know what it may be, and where it connects before I have to break down and buy a haynes. Thanks.

This shows where it comes from back of engine from drivers side, and is attached to metal line.

This shows what end that was hanging looks like, with broken plastic fitting.

Any help, greatly appreciated. Not only what it is, but what and where it was once connected to.

did you continue following the line down under the jeep along the firewall? usually a good idea to follow the line to both ends for a clue!

did you continue following the line down under the jeep along the firewall? usually a good idea to follow the line to both ends for a clue!
Yes, and I wasnt able to track it as it died out around the master cylinder. Im not an idiot by any means, and do all the work on my rigs myself, and have since bought a haynes, but still cant find the track. Pretty sure its the tank vent line as helpfully pointed out to me on another forum. I figured maybe one or two of you on here possibly owned a jeep, and could've maybe looked at yours to see where it attaches. But thanks for the help/advice? Signed- to stupid to follow a [email protected].

now why would you assume anyone on here actually has a jeep? LOL sorry i dint get off my lazy but and look at one for you we all figure the next guy will do it. signed- to lazy to go [email protected]

No worries, wasn't trying to be suggestive at all, actually. In all communication, 10% is words, 30% is tone of voice, and 60% is body language, so there's a lot missing in online forum banter!

Yeah, makes sense it's a vent line. I'd say a Haynes or Chilton manual is minimum requirement, can get a FSM for only double or triple the price and it's 100x more accurate and useful, so I'd suggest that.

No worries, wasn't trying to be suggestive at all, actually. In all communication, 10% is words, 30% is tone of voice, and 60% is body language, so there's a lot missing in online forum banter!

Yeah, makes sense it's a vent line. I'd say a Haynes or Chilton manual is minimum requirement, can get a FSM for only double or triple the price and it's 100x more accurate and useful, so I'd suggest that.
Got the haynes, fairly descript, but... I pulled out the evap can, and it only had ports for 2 lines, both of which are attached and both run to air filter. Now in this process, I noticed that the originally posted line, is actually dead behind the engine. It doesn't continue, and is mounted to bell housing. But goes nowhere. During finding that out, I located the actual tank vent line, unattached also. But like I said, only 2 available ports on evap can. Now there are 4 ports one of which is a breather I believe, and the other has a factory cap. My thoughts are it was installed at later date and is improper part. Jeep runs awesome with no issues, so I will not fix what isn't broken I guess.

Back