• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Bastard Packs?

Devilfrog

NAXJA Forum User
OK so I have a simple question ... sorta ... been searching for a few days with no real answer.

I currently have a 95 Dakota pack under my main XJ leaf. After doing some research I'm pretty sure I have a 2550lb pack ... it sure does ride like it.

I also have two other options that just came up ... 4wd Comanche springs, or Bronco II springs ....
I can find almost nothing on rough lift height for the Comanche packs and a little more on the Bronco II packs ... lots about them being flexy and riding well, but no feedback on any heights gained. Most all write up focus on S10 and Dakota leaves as the donor.

I would be using them in the same config using the XJ main and donor leaves underneath. I want to use long leaves for the pack and limit the shorter leaves to the bottom two on a 5 leaf pack so the top three only being 2" shorter than each other.

The MJ springs are 2 full sets (so 4 springs) with spare leaves, and the Bronco II leaves are just the pair. On the upshot with the MJ springs I can add to the 88 2wd MJ for a slight lift and load capacity increase as a bonus.

I need 4-5" lift from the springs. Would I be better off using the MJ leaves? Am I going to meet my mark? Anyone have experience with the MJ bastard packs at all?

Thanks for any advice

Back