• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Hydro Assist Issues

hman333

NAXJA Forum User
After may attempts I am having some issues getting my this hydro assist setup working right. I'm not sure if its an issue with the box, the ram, or what. I'm hoping you guys can give me some advise.

I have installed a ported box sold to me last year by a member on the forums here with a new ram and hoses from SC. Also I installed a cooler in the PS return line to the pump from the box. The problem i am facing is that I am getting great power turning right, but when I turn the wheel back left its almost like I'm fighting against the ram. After disconnecting the ram to the tierod I get the following results. The ram powers out when turning right, and contracts when turning left as its supposed to. However when turning left if I stop turning and hold the wheel at a certain spot the ram will begin to slowly extend back out to the right like its getting fluid from the box in the wrong inlet. Is this normal behavior? When its connected up to the tierod it does not have enough momentum to extend like this however, as I mentioned, I can feel resistance in the wheel.

I have bled the system countless times in the last 6 months and have no leaks from what I can tell.

Any help would be appreciated. Let me know if I can do anything else to try and pinpoint the issue.

Back