• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rear frame stiffener fitment?

SolarBell

NAXJA Forum User
For those who have put on rear frame stiffeners - How did you work around the mount that is spot-welded to the uniframe on the forward part of the wheel arch?

20131001_154330_zps741ea553.jpg

I'm about to put on a set from HD Offroad, and I'm not sure of the best method to proceed.

If you wanna keep the mount, drill the spot welds out the go the framerail. Spread the bracket away from the rail and slip the stiffener in behind it. After welding the stiffener on, weld the bracket back to the stiffener.

When I did mine, I cut a notch in the stiffener to fit around the seat bracket. Made me mad that they dident do that already but o well. Just notch it man.

I just cut a notch out as well. I also cut a bit of the back off instead of trying to work around the fuel hoses on the drivers side.

If you wanna keep the mount, drill the spot welds out the go the framerail. Spread the bracket away from the rail and slip the stiffener in behind it. After welding the stiffener on, weld the bracket back to the stiffener.
This.. Is what i will do..

Back