• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Transfer case to a twin stick?

ctjkelley

NAXJA Forum User
I have been reading some information on changing over to a twin stick, I understand that the np231 cannot be changed over. Has anyone upgraded to a twin stick and if so what did you change to and how hard of a mod is it. Thanks

Twin sticks are so last year. Do triple sticks.

16aqv07.jpg

your cheapest way out would be a np231 to dana300 doubler.

Basically you take the back half of your current t-case off. do a little welding, bolt on an adapter plate and custom made mainshaft, and bolt that to a dana300.

dana300 can be modified to independently control the front and rear outputs, and the np231 will be setup as a crawl box. You will have 3 shifters Just like foxwar (Bross)

That's very interesting, do you or anyone you know have a detailed write up on this? Of course I have a 231 and have access to a couple of d300s

That's is sweet, anyone know of there is a parts list floating around for this swap anywhere, or if anyone has made a video of doing this mod. Thanks for all of the helpful info!!

search pirate 4x4 and google. this has been done and covered countless times.

I agree, I have received some very good info, you can come away with a triple stick for less than a grand, probably more like 5-700

Back