• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Trying to find zj rear disc components

tcpoland

NAXJA Member
NAXJA Member
I never seem to have very good luck trying to find parts from the junkyard so if anyone knows where I might be able to pick up the 94 to 98 Grand Cherokee rear disc brake parts that I need for the conversion or if you have something that you could sell me please let me know. 98 Chrysler with 8.25

The calipers, rotors, pads, hoses, & ZJ wheel studs should be readily available at any parts store or rockauto.com... the one part that won't be so easily found is the caliper brackets that bolt the calipers to the axle housing. You could try the dealer for those, I assume they'd be pricey though. I'd check craigslist for someone parting out a V8 ZJ in your area, or you can try try car-part.com which is a search engine for parts recyclers. I always have good luck finding stuff though that site that I can't find elsewhere.

Don't forget that the 04 (IIRC 02&03 where drum)- 12 Libertys will bolt right on with no modifications what so ever. ZJ does require a slight enlarging of the hole for the axle tube.... Don't forget all the parking brake hardware up to the adjuster.

and a quick note - buy rear pads for a TJ and get the hardware kit for a TJ as well ... 2006 for the model year will guarantee the correct parts. They used a stainless overrider so that the divots common in the ZJ discs will not be of any concern. The ZJ pads ride on the ears, the TJ pads ride on the overriders, not sure if the Liberty is the same as the TJ (but probably so).

Back