• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Front waggy 44 brakes, which ones?

DrRandy

NAXJA Forum User
I'm in the process of completing my front waggy 44 swap with the TNT truss. Im a bit confused and keep reading different info on which calipers/caliper brackets to use? Its an 86' waggy dana 44, converted to 5 x 5.5 with ford hubs and rotors

Do I use the waggy calipers and brackets or ford calipers and brackets?

Thanks!!

Last edited:
I have chevy brakes on dadenbear knuckles with ford f150 hubs on chevy small bearing spindles.

Not sure about your set up. Have you tried to reinstall the waggy calipers?

You can use the Waggy D44 backing plates and calipers if you are using the Waggy 6-bolt knuckles and GM small bearing spindles.

If you pulled the knuckles from a D44 from a Ford, they would have 5-bolt spindles and backing plates.

I have chevy brakes on dadenbear knuckles with ford f150 hubs on chevy small bearing spindles.

Not sure about your set up. Have you tried to reinstall the waggy calipers?

I haven't tried, the calipers were rusted to the rotors....they were junk. I'm buying new calipers just not sure which ones to buy!! The waggy backing plates are good though....(if I need them??)

I have Reid 6 bolt chevy knuckles with Chevy small bearing spindles and ford hub/rotors

You can use the Waggy D44 backing plates and calipers if you are using the Waggy 6-bolt knuckles and GM small bearing spindles.

If you pulled the knuckles from a D44 from a Ford, they would have 5-bolt spindles and backing plates.

My setup is: Reid Racing 6 bolt chevy knuckles with Chevy small bearing spindles and 5 x 5.5" ford hub/rotors

I "think" the above just answered my question?
Thanks Ed!!

I have the same setup with Chevy calipers. I bet you're good either way. Wouldn't surprise me if amc used Chevy calipers.

Thanks....what caliper brackets/backing plates you using? Does the Chevy caliper fit the waggy bracket?

go to a parts website and get the part numbers for a 86 waggy

then

look up the 86 chevy parts

Same numbers? good to go with the GM style. Do a test fit and make sure everything fits without the inner pad binding.

not the same... you need to do more research

Back