• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

do I need to replace my stock shocks with a 2inch lift

jmontes_21

NAXJA Forum User
Okay guys like the title says I want to lift my jeep 2 inches. I will be using the vehicle mostly for daily driving and camping trips back roads stuff not to much hard core wheeling. I have seen a few lifts that are in my price range but don't come with shocks. Do I need to replace them as soon as I lift the vehicle or can I do it when funds are available?
Next question is it better that I use a AAL or get the kit that has a shackle lift
Thanks

You can wait or even get shock extenders for a light lift. Ideally you should replace them, especially if you are increasing your tire size as larger better quality shocks will definitely improve your ride.

The stock shocks will be long enough for your intended use, but they are junk. I'd find a pair of jk rubicon takeoffs on craigslist, much better quality and still cheap.

JK take off or Go to the parts store and pick up a set for a ZJ V8 Upcountry

I ran stock shocks on my BB XJ for close to a year with no issues, including wheeling it. you should be fine. but you should definitely plan on replacing them with what should go on it.

Re: Re: do I need to replace my stock shocks with a 2inch lift

Any other mods needed to fit the jk shocks?

1 of 2 things needs to be done to the fronts. Either use a bpe, or press or the sleeve and press in a stock type bar pin. Maybe press out sleeve in rear? Simple stuff tho

At two inches, stock shocks are fine. Most three inch lift kits come with shocks that are the same as stock as far as extension and compression lengths go.

These are the ones that I should look out for
m7apMto4jcM7EDlEtFJMc0Q.jpg

Thanks for the info.
Has anyone used the rustys 2 inch lift kit with coils and aal are they worth the money?

If you are going for a spring lift at that height to improve ride I would go OME and that kit would include very high quality shocks. Not a cheap option though. Honestly, otherwise combine IRO spacers ($29) with a rear set of lift shackles from just about anyone, then JK shocks. You should be able to lift your truck for around $200 and with the better shocks still have a better than stock ride. If you are talking about Rusty's budget boost, all similar kits would do... $99 is Okay, but you might be able to do better with IRO and a cheaper and better quality shackle. I personally don't care for AAL's as they all eventually sag.

Last edited:
Back