• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

SuperBright LEDs dome lights

Special K

NAXJA Forum User
I ordered some dome lights for my 94 sport. Part number- Festoon RL4410-NWHP9. They appear to have the correct wire loops on them but are a little larger diameter. This causes them not to fit in the housings properly.

I think I can clearance the housings enough to make them fit but before I do I thought I'd ask to see if anyone came up with a similar issue..?

I searched around and didn't find anything on it.

Thanks,
Kevin

On my '98, I had to solder the festoon I ordered in place.
I say go nuts, make it fit. If you come to regret it, there's bound to be a bone yard in Arizona for a replacement dome light.
Me? I love my LED interior lights. MUCH brighter. I open a door, I can see everything in the car almost as good as daylight.

Several years ago before replacing the dome light with a overhead console; I tried replacing the bulbs with LEDs, but was disappointed with the results. I ended up converting the bulbs to a replacement board with 9 SMAs; the results were quite impressive.
Presently another NAXJA member is using the dome light and as far as I know he is quite pleased with the conversion.
Presently the OHC has soft white LEDs installed and they work well. IMHO the dome light housing is not designed to provide good directional lighting in the c

These have 9 SMDs and appear to be pretty bright. It should be a big improvement. I noticed the the light will be directed at a rearward angle which I will see if I can change. If this doesn't do all I want I may wire in some led strips in the kick panels or something. I'm not looking for daylight all the time, want to brighten things up some.

It looks like I should be able to just grind away the plastic that supports the bulb and then it 'should' fit.

Got both fitted and installed. I'm happy but not overly impressed with the change. They are brighter, but not a bunch. I may add some more later. There are plenty of LED modules available that could be tied into the circuit probably without much hassle.
But first I'll take care of other issues like getting that thing to run a little cooler.

Back