• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Remote start question

LYKOS

NAXJA Forum User
First, since I'm asking about a non factory item I posted in modified. If that's wrong please move to appropriate forum.

When using a remote start what all comes on with the engine? Are all accessories are armed same as if you used a key? Or does the engine run sans anything else?

The reason I all is because my triple threat electric fans are armed by a relay that is triggered by the hot wire to the stereo. I did it like that so it would be on a switched circuit. If the remote starter doesn't turn on that circuit I'll have to rewire. I'm looking at a Viper 5101 (I think) Reggie start setup.

When I wired mine I did it to ign and accessory cause my main purpose was to warm up the inside. So the heater, stereo and motor running is all. You cant put down the windows or anything when it on. But I did use a window switch I got from an NSA build that I wired to the windows so if I hit the trunk button on the remote all 4 windows go down.

Mine is set up such that it's the same as having the key in the ignition. Anything that's powered when the key is on, is powered when the remote start is running the show.

But I don't have power windows or locks (well I've got power locks, but they're controlled by the the Viper system only) so I don't know if they're different, but all my other stuff has worked just like the key is in the ignition (radio, A/C, heat, 12V cigarette lighter plugs, etc).

Back