• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

how are the NP241C trans cases?

sardo_67

NAXJA Forum User
i'm looking into doing an LS of some sort in my XJ and am unsure of the trans case. i see these cases were in 3500 trucks so i would guess it can handle an XJ although not too sure about an LS with 450hp so......?

The 3500 trucks, depending on year, came with diesels and / or 8.1 liter big blocks making over 400 ft lbs at idle. The trucks weighed 5,000 lbs and upwards. I don't know which LS you are going with or how you are going to build it, but I'd be shocked if you broke the transfer case with anything less than a full blown spectacle of wheel spin and traction grab.
Basically, if you break it under an XJ, you're doing it wrong.

They did come behind the cummins diesel in the dodge so they are pretty stout, however i would hold out for the 241OR that has 4:1, that is what i have and it is awesome, especially because i only paid $999, however be aware there different versions that either have the tone ring on the output, or dont so you need to keep an eye out if you are using the factory cherokee speed sensor, you need the one that has the tone ring on the output.

thats what i was thinking, if it was put in 1 ton trucks with diesels it should be able to handle REASONABLE use in an XJ with a 500HP LS1.

i ask about the NP241C in purticular because i can find them local to me on Craigslist for $200-300. the one i looked at first already had an SYE in it and 1350 yokes.

G going or go home. If you're gonna have a cool engine, might as well do a cool t-case ;)

if i didn't need this to be 4 wheel drive for my winter beater i'd make this 2wd with a D60 HP front and 4 coil overs with a 600HP motor.
why? because the internet would cry and i would laugh

i'm not spending more on the trans case than the motor or the axles even

Back