• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Bumps top difference?

Factory part # is 5200 4295 if that helps...

Can't imagine why they would have 2 different sizes unless one is for 2wd and other is for 4wd.

Or perhaps an upgraded suspension package? :dunno:

Maybe buy them both and return the pair you don't use?

Edit: Same bump stops for 2wd and 4wd.

Last edited:
Older XJ's have front bump stops and a cup that threads onto the post. Newer XJ's have bump stops that wiggle out of and press back into the post.

Try shopping somewhere that has a better catalog, IDK what size to order, but a catalog should have more specific parts application info that that.

Daystar had the catalogging wrong for the bumps I bought from 4WD parts for my 98' about two years ago. The diameter was too large and Daystar sent me new ones with the smaller diameter free of charge after a long talk with one of their techs. Sounds like they still have not fixed their catalogging.

Not sure if the shape is just cosmetic, or if they used the wrong picture, but these are the same Daystar part number and are the ones I ordered for my 93.

www.energysuspensionparts.com/proddetail.asp?prod=KJ09101BK

www.energysuspensionparts.com/proddetail.asp?prod=KJ09114BK

I ordered the 2" first because I figured I could always shave them down to 1.5" if I needed to. Ended up just eating the money and ordered the 1.5" after a few hours of shaping and fitting.

I'm not sure which, if any, XJ uses the 2" diameter stops as I can't seem to find a picture of a stock housing thats that large. Both sizes of the Daystar stops have the exact same body dimensions and its only the top inch or so that goes into the cup thats different.

Last edited:
I highly doubt he needs the 2". I've never seen an XJ with them that large. All the XJ's I've worked on have been the same. 91,93,94,98,99, and 00 have all had the same diameter of bumpstops.

Back