• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Need new engine...please advise

2001XJ

NAXJA Forum User
Guys,

Any input would be appreciated.....

I have a cracked 0331 head on my 2001XJ. The anitfreeze got into the oil and there is bearing damage. I am using this as en excuse to put in a stroker.

Reasons I am leaning with a Stroker

1. Will "bolt" into the cherokee without a lot of modification
2. I want something better but don't need to go overboard
3. Cheaper...there are probably cheaper build options but then the extra mods and parts don't make it that attractive to me which racks up cost (I could be wrong)

1. What do you guys suggest?
2. Should I go with a company like Golan?
3. Would it be better to go with a Stroker kit?

For around $5K it seems you can get a already built and ready to go engine from Golen. No need to source parts for a stroker kit, get the engine machined and balanced, etc. Not sure what the price difference would be and if its big enough to avoid going with a pre-built motor.

Fire away....TIA

I have heard good reviews about ATK too and i think its cheaper. Just throwing another option for you.

Chad Golen was super nice in answering all my questions and even though I decided to buy an engine from a builder locally, but he still offered me help. I think that says alot. I would not hesitate to buy a Golen engine if I was in the market. The money saved elsewhere could end up costing a lot down the line.

Chad Golen was super nice in answering all my questions and even though I decided to buy an engine from a builder locally, but he still offered me help. I think that says alot. I would not hesitate to buy a Golen engine if I was in the market. The money saved elsewhere could end up costing a lot down the line.

Thanks for that input, that does say a lot. It makes me feel more confident in his product and that he would stand by it.

Back