• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

ZJ Shifter Handle

SuperRoo

NAXJA Forum User
I popped the ZJ shifter handle on my xj yesterday - had a little help from a rubber mallet and all went well. Shifted in all gears - except, it won't go back into Park!

Comes out of Park with the push of the button, just won't go back into Park with the push of the button.

I was wondering if anyone has experienced this and if so, what was the solution to rectifying it?

Thanks in advance guys

I popped the ZJ shifter handle on my xj yesterday - had a little help from a rubber mallet and all went well. Shifted in all gears - except, it won't go back into Park!
Comes out of Park with the push of the button, just won't go back into Park with the push of the button.
I was wondering if anyone has experienced this and if so, what was the solution to rectifying it?

Here is a link with info pertaining to switching to the ZJ handle
http://jeep-xj.info/HowtoShifterHandles.htm

I had a ZJ handle for a while. Just tap it down a little more with a rubber mallet. It doesn't take much.

I gave up my ZJ handle for the same reason, hard getting into park. Turns out the ZJ one is a little "deeper" and if it isn't on there all the way it doesn't seat well. Also, when I had the Jeep in 1-2 on the trail, the ZJ handle was contacting the ashtray lid, which I kept open, to keep my iPhone in.

Back