• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

chopped top owners??

jeepchkee

NAXJA Forum User
Seriously. That's a lot of work. It would be much easier to bobb a pickup bed or shorten a frame than turn and SUV into a truck.
Not saying it isn't cool or quality work but damn. So many better things I could be doin in the jeep instead of working on it. IMO.

Last edited:
Already have the cherokee in need of some restoration and paint, cherokee is a little shorter than the commanche, and I really like the looks for the chopped cherokee especially with the back seat and convertible top over the back. Just a personal preference.

Sorry one picture didn't come through, trying again,

http://i837.photobucket.com/albums/zz297/toplessxj89/100_1726.jpg

Last edited:
Op: as far as paying someone, it would be prohibitively expensive
You might try to meet up with some.folks local to.you,.or.in.a.neighboring.state
Or see if there is an autobody class.at the local cc.that will let you use their stuff in class to tackle this project

Tried contacting them, but haven't heard anything from them. Their website looks like it is a little dated so no luck yet. Thanks though.

Looking for the owners of these chopped 2 door cherokees. Wondering where they got their work done and what the costs might be?

I don't remember his screen name, but the green one you posted was built by the owner.

I don't think too many people actually pay someone to chop the top on their Cherokee. Shop time is extremely expensive, and you may end up paying more for the fabrication then the vehicle is even worth.

Start digging through the builds in the advanced fabrication section here to get an idea of what is involved.

Here's a thread from Pirate dedicated to chop tops. Pro tip: don't ask stupid questions on Pirate.
http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/jeep-cherokee/783702-totm-unibody-chop-tops.html#post9759602

if you cant do it yourself (even then, it is a ton of fab work) you are better off buying a comanche or a chopped XJ . I would imagine if you actually found a shop that would do it, they would charge you more than it would cost to buy a pretty built MJ.

Back