• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

camping ideas

poppyseed

NAXJA Forum User
Anyone know of a scenic place to go camping here in WA? My ideal place would be a few hour drive on logging roads to a scenic lake somewhere up in the mountains where I can camp. Im shooting for the weekend of Oct 18-20

Try Gallagher head lake. The trail and GPS coordinates are on the PNW jeep site. I was just there a few weeks ago and it was quite nice.

One of my favorite places to camp was in the area between Liberty and Blewett Pass, though I havn't been since 2011 and don't know if the fires of last year razed the area or not. it's also "Day Tripable" if you want to scout the area out beforehand.

Other than that, Naches is both scenic and fun too. Plenty of info here under the NWFest threads for that area.

Enjoy,

Surprise lakes in the Gifford Pinchot, there are a few good lakes on the 4220 by lake Olallie in the mt hood national forest, and south of Olallie the rad isn't passenger carable

Back