• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Blinker problem after swap

Monster3663

NAXJA Forum User
I did a complete swap from a 1998 into a 1990 I changed all the wiring harness. Everything came out great except the front blinkers. The 1998 harness expects more amps to be used due to it having two large bulbs and the little bulb on each side. The 1990 blinker only have the one large bulb and the small bulb for the side marker. Without the extra bulb the blinker does a rapid blink like when you have a bulb out. What are my options to fool it into thinking all the bulbs are in place. I learned that the larger bulbs draw from 2 to 2.5 amps. Would it be a resistor or diode maybe to permanently put in place to fool it?

The newer ones are (at least according to the claims; I've never used one) designed to work with LED bulbs, and don't require resistance to operate. If you google it, I'm fairly sure the part numbers have been posted around here somewhere.

I posted this in another thread, and I can't say it's 100% accurate, but I think these are right. This is the module on my 97.

FL27 at Autozone.
EP27 at NAPA, Advance, Kragen, Oreilly
Kragen/oreilly also lists EFL16, FC649

Should look like this....
DSCF5366.jpg

DSCF5367.jpg

Back