• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

New boatsides/stiffeners!

jeepfreak1020

NAXJA Forum User
Found these online, what do you guys all think? Look pretty sick!!!!

1157420_403582259764910_1932310979_n.jpg

1185030_403582209764915_2053819512_n.jpg

1184884_403582313098238_1373906962_n.jpg

1231680_403582276431575_998610580_n.jpg

1233599_403582349764901_1673618777_n.jpg

999213_403582279764908_224006607_n.jpg

Those are sick. I just bought some stiffeners but it doesn't seem like it would take much to weld something like these to them. Who makes those? Do you have any more pictures of them off the Jeep?

Nevermind. Quick search came up with these guys. http://hooliganoffroadengineering.com/XJ.php

Doesn't look like they make those anymore. But that is exactly what I've been looking at for my XJ. I just don't like that bulky square tubing (like other rock rails). Seems like they would get caught up on obstacles from time to time. There is just no getting hooked on anything when your entire side is flat.

I would like some dimensions/measurements if you get a chance. Maybe I can recreate something like that with my ruff stuff frame stiffeners. Weld everything together that way I don't have to worry about those openings for the bolts.

Nevermind. Quick search came up with these guys. http://hooliganoffroadengineering.com/XJ.php

Doesn't look like they make those anymore. But that is exactly what I've been looking at for my XJ. I just don't like that bulky square tubing (like other rock rails). Seems like they would get caught up on obstacles from time to time. There is just no getting hooked on anything when your entire side is flat.

I would like some dimensions/measurements if you get a chance. Maybe I can recreate something like that with my ruff stuff frame stiffeners. Weld everything together that way I don't have to worry about those openings for the bolts.

I've never had an issue with my sliders hanging up on stuff even with a bb and 31's. I agree though, I saw these the other day and they are badass.

How do get all the mud out?

Mud is lame but it is inevitable if you live anywhere other than the desert...

X2 though on how to clean it all out from in there? I can see rotten floor pans in a very short time...

I talked to the Hooligan Off Road guys and they were shooting in the neighborhood of $750. Just to give everyone a heads up if you are interested.
XJLI you were correct. :(

I mean, they're cool and all but I feel like the people who need boat sides are way past bolt on mods. I never needed them at 3" w 31s or 33s... Regular rock rails were fine. Even now with box steel rockers I still don't need boat sides

Why not spend 120$ on some 2x6 and some 2x2 and do the 2x6 rocker replacement like most guys do? the clearance alone is worth it.

Also have to think these offer frame rail protection as well. If you add stiffies with the 2x6 mod and all the smooth plate in between you are really only paying about 300 for the convenience of bolt on.

They would do some frame rail protection, but would not do the job of frame stiffeners. Between the 2x6 and 3x3 angle, I have less than $200 in stiffeners and rocker replacement. I guarantee mines stronger and higher clearance. Bolt on will always be a compromise in cost, but I also like the satisfaction of building my own stuff.

I think they could use all the space on the inside for things like LED rock lights and possible storage compartment for spare drive shafts. Just a thought seems like a lot space is their between the boat side and floor of the XJ.

Back