• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

RC control arm drop

2001 XJ Sport

NAXJA Forum User
Been quite some time since I posted here, but I installed rough country control arm drops. And now the shims that go behind the lca's is to short to touch the back of the drop bracket and when I hit the brakes semi hard the control arms slide, anyone else had this problem or k ow where I can get longer shims. Note these are the c shaped shims that the control arms run through. Thanks!

I know this doesn't help your specific situation, but I have the same drop brackets. In my case, the idiot that had the Jeep before had already removed the shims. So, I bolted up the drop brackets, and after having it aligned, welded the outside washers in two spots to the drop brackets.

So far, this has effectively keep the bolts where they belong. If I need to remove the components for any reason, when I reinstall the alignment will remain the same. If the alignment needs to change, I can simply grind off the welds and adjust as needed.

I also welded the drop brackets to the frame, just as a bit of added security.

David Bricker / SYR

Grind off the threaded studs, and use grade 5 or better bolts/washer/nuts that fit.

No. Mine are bolted per instructions and I have no issue. Shims are fine, but I did switch to adjustable LCA and UCA...

Back