• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

hub interchange

wascobi

NAXJA Forum User
o.k. I need the lowdown on swapping in new hub assemblies. I have a '90 xj with a d30 and 260 joints.I want to install 297 axles but have been told they won't work with my hubs. apparently I need hubs that are for the larger u-joint axle. can I put tj hubs on my xj and still use all my brake stuff? can anyone who has upgraded their axles and hubs tell me what type and year of parts they used. a pair of 14k tj hubs just went for $40 on ebay. thats affordable!any useful info is appreciated. and yes I did a search but came up with nothing useful
thanks,scott

The joint size is the same,the 297 is a stronger piece not larger in diameter(cap is larger) .Your hubs should be fine,as fine as a 13 year old part can be.
If going to TJ hubs then the brake rotors need to match the year of the hub,and maybe even the calipers have to change with rotor/hub change.
HTH
Wayne

Back