• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rumbling between 0-10 mph Braking and coasting

PosiDave

NAXJA Forum User
Issue:
I recently developed a rumbling (a less dramatic rumble strip) noise for a very short period (very light vibration in truck, not pedal) when braking between 0-10mph. I also hear a less intense noise when moving with my foot off the gas in the same speed (continuous). I have replaced this list of stuff before the noise and it persists.

Replaced
- Front Axle (housing & gears)
- Axle U Joints
- Wheel Bearings
- Rear Driveshaft Ujoints
- Front driveshaft removed
- Front Brake (Calipers, Rotors, Pads)
- Trans Mount
- 1 Motor Mount (Driver side has a stripped bolt and didn't deal with it yet)
- Swaybar Bushings
- Shocks
- Tie rod, TRE's, Steering dampener (alignment just done)
- Control Arm, Bushing, Bolts
- Tires & Rims

Other previous issues: My old housing was bent and gave my tires a pretty bad chop wear. I know this can cause the noise while rolling, but it wouldn't explain the nosie/feel when coming to a stop.

The motor has slight play in mount but it does not move enough when given gas to contact anything & doesn't appear to actually need replaced (other seemed to be in good shape when removed)

Any ideas would be great, I went to a shop and we all decided it sounded like a bad wheel bearing/bearing inside the axle, but that was eliminated when we replaced everything.

Back