• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Brown Dog motor mounts... worth the cash?

I have the rubber and love them. Minimal increase in vibes over the stock bolt through a marshmallow type.
As for a walkthrough, google: browndog, install, naxja
Also use a little dish soap as lube. They are a snug fit

Brown Dog's support through the phone is phenomenal. I too had no idea if I should have gotten the poly or rubber and they are spot on with suggestions. I have the rubber mount and instal took like two hours maybe. Good Luck :thumbup:

I have the rubber and the only time I feel vibes is at idle. I also need to play with the through bolt torque a bit. They make the vehicle feel completely different. Love them.

I have the polys and just bought a set of rubbers for other jeep.
Cheep Chinese aftermarket ones are junk. Broke after 2 months, stock ones last if grandma or soccer mom's drive it.
BD's are well worth the money. Don't waste your $ or time on anything else. Fix it once and be done.

One more vote for Brown Dog motor mounts....

I just installed the Rubber ones last week... huge difference over stock. As mentioned, some minor engine vibes but overall results rock. Nice "solid" feel now as I drive.

Odd thing too, was that I had a very minor rear driveline vibe at 50 - 52 mph, that I just sort of learned to live with for the past 8 years. It is now gone.....

Order updates from Brown Dog are awesome. I always knew where in the process my order was...never had to wonder.

'NAXJA' worth 10% off. It's like free shipping. Win-Win.

I say worth it, I have the poly and no complaints. Great company who will treat you right and worth every penny.

Brown Dog is a great company to deal with. I have a pair of their Rubber Mounts and give high praise.

I will say that I've had mine for over a year and the Engine NHV is still a lot more than the OE mounts. However, the peace of mind knowing my engine won't move around is worth it. I just never get used to the NHV...

I have the rubber. More vibe at idle, but you are "in tune" with your engine.
Excellent customer service, well built product made in :us:. Wish we had more companies like this. They Rock.

I sau of you can affod it, get the whole kit. Including the block side plate mount

Back