• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Coil springs angled back after rc 4.5" lift install

Weldingwizard11193

NAXJA Forum User
I just finished installing the rc 4.5 inch lift on the front of my Cherokee, after I got it on I realized the coils are angled back because the axle is not centered in the wheel well, but the kit says it will work is this ok to run them like that? Or should I get adjustable arms. On a budget so if I can get away with it good. They almost contact the snubbers there at such an angle. Thanks

Most lifts with fixed LCA's will "pull" the axle back a little. It's normal since the axle works on a circumference, rather than straight up and down. Wouldn't worry about it. Just check the flex on the side of a hill or wall or something and make sure your tires are clearing.

Did you get the kit with drop brackets or without? If the arms are fixed it should not be angled with brackets if they gave you the right arms, if no brackets and fixed it will be fine, though not ideal. If you have adjustable arms just lengthen the arms. There is a chart here http://www.yuccaman.com/jeep/re_db.html for length. (Honestly, that chart should be in a sticky somewhere!) It includes with and without CAD brackets. For you that does not matter as at 4.5 you are at stock length with a CAD anyway since they drop about 4". Make sure you get a good alignment and drive it!

Last edited:
Pics? How angled? Control arm pics see we can see the angles? Theres a good chance you might need to adjust your upper arms in a bit.

Back