• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Keeping on TDC while a tighten convertor bolts

Tony_SS

NAXJA Supporting Vendor
I have my short block on TDC now. I still need to tighten the flywheel to torque convertor bolts.

Can I drop the cam sensor in now while its on TDC, then spin it to tighten those bolts and have it be ok?

Or do I need to make sure to return in to TDC, then drop in the cam sensor? How would I be able to do that... is it ONE revolution around with the harm balancer?

(Note the head is NOT on the block yet)

Well wat I'm getting to is if you can see tdc (head of you can see pistons) don't worry bout spinning the engine around to tighten the converter bolt because you can confirm tdc then you know for a fact your tdc when installing the head

Ok, so I do need the head on to set TDC?

Sorry I'm new at all this...learning on the fly.

I set my marks like this:
2008-10-22_161446_1.gif

And then put the cover on and then installed the harm balancer. The balancer notch aligned right on 0 on the timing cover.

Then I dropped in the engine..... what should I do next?? Hope I'm doing this all right..

If you have the cam timed to the crank your golden. me personally would have put the engine back together before dropping it in, but other wise your good

Back