• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

P0202 injector code

Alboy97XJ

Nevada Raisins
NAXJA Member
97 auto xj... just got done wheeling and driving home this code came on and jeep is missing bad... any ideas?

Re: Re: P0202 injector code

Injector Circuit/Open - Cylinder 2

Check for bad wiring, loose connector, dirty connector.....

Ill check that in the am. I did check to make sure it was connected all the way and it was. I unpluged with it running amd no different...

I had the same code on my '98 XJ a few months ago. The some of the wire ties that hold
the wire harness that runs across the firewall had rotted away and the wire harness had
slumped down just enough so that it had been rubbing into the rear-facing end of the fuel
injector rail tube. It had worn through the wire insulation and caused an electrical short.

Swap the injector from cylinder 2 to a different cylinder. If the misfire follows with the swap, you have your smoking gun evidence of a bad injector.

Even easier is to swap the #1 & #2 connector plugs. If the #2 injector fires with the #1 plug, then the injector is good. If the #1 injector now fails with the #2 connector, the problem is in your wiring harness or pcm. If there is no change after switching connectors then it is a bad injector.

Last edited:
Ok so something weird about all this... it says its number 2 injec but its really number 1 not working... also I checked voltage on injec plug and found number 1 to be getting 14-15 volts and 2-3 getting about 2-4 volts... any issue here? Lol what should be my next step? I swapped the asd relay just because also...

Back