• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Show me your seat bracket repair.

LYKOS

NAXJA Forum User
I just can't bring myself to spend more money on seats. But I'm not the best welder and fabricator.
If you have pics of your seat frame, not riser, repair I'd sure love to see them.

Umm idk if I have pics
The first time mine broke under the front left corner and I was able to use a flat bar on the other side of the cracked piece with holes drilled making a bolt on brace .

Later the frame came apart at the back right corner .
When we took it apart the welds holding the outer Frame of the seat broke right in that corner.

One of my brothers friends welded my "bolt on brace " So it would be more solid .
Then welded the rear corner back together without adding any steel reinforcement .
I had specifically asked him to add reinforcement but he insisted it would never break again.
He was also like 90lbs .

So at 250 lbs I broke it again of course , this time my friend did it and we added some reinforcement and it has been a few years and it holds strong .

I found A pic , not sure how helpful it will be .

http://www.naxja.org/forum/showpost.php?p=245641268&postcount=65

Last edited:
Here's a series of pics of my driver's seat that was (very much) broken. It was repaired using 1/8" steel pop rivets, then by welding of the cracks to reinforce the pop rivets.

The structure was held in its orignial position with vise grips then drilled and pop riveted in place.

1_DSCF2422.jpg

2_DSCF2424.jpg

3_DSCF2427.jpg

4_DSCF2428.jpg

5_DSCF2429.jpg

6_DSCF2430.jpg

7_DSCF2432.jpg

8_DSCF2441.jpg

If I had a picture of a garbage can handy, I'd show you my seat 'repair'...haha. Seriously, it cracked and I welded it. Cracked again elsewhere, welded again. I'm 240 pounds but the factory seats are weak sauce. It was replaced by a Mastercraft seat.

My brother-in-law did a semi violent endo-flip in his Cherokee when he was pushed off the highway by an out of control vehicle next to him. The seat frame tore like paper and nearly seperated from the floor mounts - and he's a 140lb Filipino.

Nice pics, and nice job Sidewinder! Just got done doing this but I didn't take any pictures. I just clamped and re-welded all the cracks and broken factory welds. I hadn't planned on it being cracked in 5 different places though either.

If it lasts 6 months to a year, I'll be happy. The original plan was to swap in ZJ seats but I haven't had any luck finding a nice set and the seat was getting really annoying so I went ahead and took it apart to weld it back together. Never would have realized how many different places it was broken otherwise.

Back