• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

LOOKING FOR SOME DOOR ADVICE

Dallas45kn

NAXJA Forum User
Hey guys
Bought my 98 xj with a door wiring problem about 6 months ago.
The windows - locks - mirrors wont work and didn't realize how much of a head ache door wiring was...
I saw this weekend a blue xj that had what it looked like the older wrangler half door inserts with the zipper plastic windows and thought that was an awesome idea and looked really good.
I just cant find anywhere i can get those.
Or even an conversion kit that would switch everything power to manual windows - locks etc.
I personally don't care about the luxury of power windows - locks etc i would just rather not deal with wiring at all.
If anyone has any other ideas about doors please let me know or if you know where i can get those that would be a big help.
Thanks guys

Dang i really liked those.
Nothing really...just before i went down to the salvage yard i was curious if there was a conversion window kit for a 98 xj out there
Or what year xj i should look for that would fit my doors??

You've probably tried this but the drivers door "master" switch module is notoriously prone to failure and it takes all the other windows and locks with it.

Try replacing your switch module in the door if you haven't already. There's also a couple of threads on putting in a jumper wire that solves the passenger lock and window problem.

Don't let this dissuade you from a cool half door mod but it might be easier to fix if this is the problem only with the switch.

Pull the driver door wire harness, find the damaged/broken wires and fix them. That usually takes a few hours. Drink some beer, and watch the game on TV at the same time. If the drivers door master switch needs replacement, the local auto parts store can get one.

Swapping to manual windows will cost more money and time than fixing what you have.

Re: Re: LOOKING FOR SOME DOOR ADVICE

I custom made "soft" doors as well. 5/16" round bar frame and upholstered uppers. Actually it's a little more involved than that. It may give you some ideas.
Nicely done!

Back